Kwale, Kenya: Private schools in Kwale County have been warned against proceeding with learning despite the national wide teachers' strike that kicked off Monday.
Making the announcement in Kwale on Monday, Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (KUPPET) executive secretary Mackenzi Tuki said there are no private and public teachers and therefore all should join the strike.
"We are aware some private schools are continuing with the learning but we have our secret weapon which if pushed to the wall will act," said Tuki.
He told the Standard that one of the weapons was to move to the operating schools and close them down.
"I am now on the frontline mobilizing other teachers to follow suit and so far so good in about five schools that I have covered," he added.
READ MORE
France says G7 finance talks 'frank, sometimes difficult'
US urges citizens to not travel to DRC, S. Sudan, Uganda over Ebola risk
Kabondo Kasipul MP says Rachel Wandetto's death reflects rising femicide cases
With all due respect: Kaunda breaks silence after viral outburst
Tuki lamented that the Ministry has resorted arrogance by referring to them as 'these people' instead of addressing the teachers' row.