Samsung Electronics suspended operations at its smartphone factory in South Korea’s southeastern city of Gumi again on Friday after another worker tested positive for coronavirus, a spokeswoman said.
The plant will resume production on Saturday, she said.
So far, six people who work at the factory complex in Gumi, which makes Samsung’s premium G20 smartphones and Z Flip foldable phones, have contracted the disease, leading to temporary shutdowns.
It temporarily closed the factory last month due to the virus.
READ MORE
Why US is experiencing largest measles outbreak
From wagging tails to healthy tales: How pets improve mind and body
Of smartphone usage and internet access, the reality of full-time online schooling
From Monkey pox, Covid-19 and Nipah virus: Why animal-to-human diseases are on the rise