Bandits spray primary school teacher with bullets in Kerio Valley
RIFT VALLEY | By Christopher Kipsang | May 11th 2022
A primary school teacher has been shot dead in Kerio Valley, Elgeyo Marakwet County.
Simon Kiprotich Cheserek was shot in the head, chest and legs by suspected bandits in Toroko area along Chesongoch-Tot Highway.
The Chesongoch Primary School teacher was attacked while on his way home moments after leaving work yesterday evening.
According to a resident, Yano Leljin, bandits ambushed the 57-year-old at around 5pm and then fled, leaving him for dead.
Cheserek died on arrival at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Eldoret.
Marakwet East Sub-County commissioner Simon Osumba said a group of armed bandits ambushed Cheserek while he was riding his Motorbike home to Kakibiyoswo village.
Cheserek lost control falling into a ditch as bandits sprayed him with bullets.
"Armed bandits were hiding in a thicket at Toroko area along Chesongoch-Tot highway where they shot Cheserek who was on his motorcycle,'' said Osumba.
IEBC appeals order on MP Sabina's summons
- Safari rally fans warned over condom shortage in Naivasha
- KRA auctions abandoned goods worth Sh39.6m at Mombasa port
- Over 250,000 students to join higher learning institutions
- UK-based engineer takes aunt to court for 'grabbing' his land in Nairobi
By Paul Ogemba
- Cold weekend ahead as temperatures hit below 10 degrees
By Betty Njeru