10-year boy fighting for life, two women arrested after an attempted exorcism
NYANZA | By Olivia Odhiambo | October 20th 2021
A 10-year old boy from Gem in Siaya County is fighting for his life after sustaining burns during a prayer ceremony.
Gem Deputy County Commissioner Charles Chacha said boy was admitted at Siaya County Referral Hospital after two women allegedly poured paraffin on his mouth.
Chacha said the two women who have since been arrested tried to insert a burning candle in the victim’s in efforts to 'exorcise evil spirits.'
The two are being held at Yala police station as police continue with the investigation.
Chacha said the incident happened on Monday in Nyamninia village in Yala Sub-county.
The boy's grandmother Rose Obare said she called for prayers because the boy always leaves the house and disappears for several days before reappearing.
"My grandson has problems. We believe he is possessed with evil spirits. His problems made us call for prayers that we did not think would end like this," said Obare.
Witness in Ruto ICC case at The Hague is missing
- Chief guest Ruto won’t attend Devolution Conference in Makueni
By Brian Okoth
- Judge asks Kinoti to report to prison and serve his sentence
By Paul Ogemba
- Ngirici: Why I regret investing my valuable resources in Ruto, UDA
- Standard Group cartoonist Joshua Nanjero dies
- Governor Mutahi Kahiga to join Raila's two day tour of Nyeri