Kisumu, Kenya: A Kisumu radio presenter accused of defiling a 14-year-old pupil will know is fate in ten days.
Abisalom Omollo Ong'er, who was earlier released on a bond of Sh100 000, is said to have committed the offence in November 24 last year at Poly View estate in Kisumu town.
He faced a second count of indecently assaulting the Aga Khan primary school pupil.
Mr Omollo had gone into hiding after he was accused of committing the offence but was later arrested.
Earlier, Kisumu Chief Magistrate Lucy Gitari summoned a doctor who examined the girl to testify before the court before giving his ruling.
READ MORE
All World Cup matches sold out, says FIFA's Infantino
Bodo-Glimt stun Inter, Gordon hits four in Newcastle Champions League romp
Arteta urges Arsenal to 'stand up' after title bid rocked by Wolves draw
Senators demand action on criminal gangs ahead of 2027 general election
The prosecution had already closed its case after the girl, her father, and the police officer who investigated the case testified.
During the previous hearings, a doctor who represented Kisumu East District hospital, told the court that according to the medical report the girl had not been defiled.
Ms Gitari will rule on the case on October 16.