Body detained over unpaid bill buried after three months
NATIONAL | By George Njunge | September 8th 2021
The body of a 60-year-old mason which had been detained by a hospital for the last three months over a Sh900,000-bill has finally been buried.
Tears flowed as the hearse carrying the body arrived at a sleepy village in the interior of Kiambu County bordering Mai Mahiu area.
Paul Mburu was interred at Ndiuni village following intervention by neighbours and the county government.
Following the death of the man 90 days ago after a long illness, his body was detained by the hospital after the family failed to pay the outstanding bill.
The death of the father of 13 plunged the family into misery who have tried to sell off their property to raise funds.
Family and neighbours have conducted three harambees in a bid to collect money to offset the bill, but have not been able to raise any substantial funds.
Sossion’s vehicle stoned in Bomet Town
- Vehicles destroyed during protests as Ruto tours Busia
- Woman missing for over one week found dead in her house
By Daniel Chege
- Agnes Tirop final journey: Athletes bring Eldoret to a standstill
- In disguise, Governor Njuki finds out a few truths about Chuka Referral Hospital
- Philip Murgor in the limelight again