Chelsea record signing Lukaku re-joins Inter on loan
By Reuters - Jun 29th 2022
Romelu Lukaku has re-joined Inter Milan on loan from Chelsea, less than a year after becoming their record signing, with the Serie A side's president revealing on Wednesday that the Belgian striker would be back in the Nerazzurri kit once again.
Lukaku joined Chelsea for the second time last August for a reported £97.5 million (US$118.3 million), penning a five-year deal, but failed to hold down a regular spot in coach Thomas Tuchel's team, and returns to Inter to try to resurrect his career.
"I'm at the top of Inter HQ and look who I have here," Inter president Steven Zhang said in a post on Twitter, panning the camera to show Lukaku.
"I'm back," said Lukaku. "I'm very happy... Forza Inter!"
Lukaku was a player transformed in Milan after leaving Manchester United in August 2019. He changed his diet, lost weight and gained form as he scored 64 goals in 95 games in all competitions over two years.
The 29-year-old's 24 league goals helped Inter clinch their first Serie A title in 11 years in 2020-21, ensuring he became a firm fan favourite.
'Opinion polls lied to us', Bondo residents say after IEBC announcement
- Rugby: Kenya Sevens to renew rivalry with Samoa at Los Angeles Sevens
- Holistic education needs more than excelling in exams
- Fake: Viral Facebook, Twitter posts linked to IEBC Vice-Chair Cherera
By Peter Theuri
- Tennis: Okutoyi wins Sports Personality for the Month of July
- Senior Assistant Inspector-General of Police Charlton Murithi dies