Keep off school buses
EDITORIAL | By Editorial | November 30th 2021
Amani National Congress leader and presidential aspirant Musalia Mudavadi has complained that some politicians are using school buses to ferry their supporters. That is wrong and worthy of strong condemnation.
There are several reasons why school buses should never be used for political campaigns. The main one of course is the possibility of their being destroyed by political hooligans
The use of school buses for political purposes was banned by Dr Fred Matiang'i in 2017 while he was the Education CS. Current Education CS George Magoha also banned the hiring out of the buses due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
It is shameful that politicians still want to use these vehicles and head teachers have the audacity to hire out the buses. They must be discouraged.
Mystery of body of Embu-based DCI officer found 400km away near Iten
- Former LinkedIn boss found dead in Nairobi hotel
- Governor Kibwana: I disown my deputy for joining DP Ruto’s camp
- Governor Rasanga pulls out of parliamentary race
- Why I ditched Ruto for Raila, reveals MP Pkosing
- President Kenyatta condoles with family of former Speaker Kenneth Marende