By Paul Gitau
Lamu, Kenya: Barely four days after the court reinstated him, Lamu County Governor Issa Timamy has put land grabbers on notice.
Mr Timamy, who had earlier faced opposition for his stand on land grabbers, asked those who have illegally acquired huge chunks of land to immediately surrender them or his county government would forcefully repossess them.
Speaking in Lamu on Monday the governor said the county did not have a single parcel of land for investors.
“As we speak, the county government has no single parcel of land to undertake its projects,” he said.
READ MORE
How widow saved late husband's tea farm from alleged grabber
Resource- rich but powerless: Inside Taita Taveta land wars
Land fraud in Kenya and prophetic task of 'due diligence'
Why Senators wants multi-billion investment at Lang'ata's Phenom Estate stopped
Land grabbing has reportedly been occasioned by the construction of Sh2 trillion Lamu port that has led to increased demand.
Timamy said he would conduct a land audit that would expose those who had illegally acquired land. He also said land grabbing had caused many to become squatters.