Koffi Olomide released from prison
ARTS & CULTURE | By Caroline Nyanga | July 29th 2016
Congolese musician Koffi Olomide has been set free. The controversial singer was released Thursday after serving a day in jail instead of the 18-month sentence he had been handed.
Koffi was arrested on Tuesday at his palatial home in Mon Fleur Estate in Kinshasa, after assaulting his dancer at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport last Friday.
His Kenyan promoter Jules Nsana confirmed Olomide's release.
"An elated Olomide called me from his home informing me of his release. He was with his band members, friends and family members. I am happy for him. After all, what matters is he has learnt his lesson," Nsana said.
Form Two student begs for school fees in city streets
- 2,040 bullets recovered from car in Nairobi
- Human body parts dumped from speeding car in Nyamira
- Ex-Sports CS Wario guilty of misuse of Sh54m Rio Olympics funds
By Paul Ogemba
- 60,000 secondary school teachers to be trained on CBC
- Lupita among best-dressed celebrities at The Met Gala