The
Directorate of Criminal Investigations announced that they would resume issuing
certificate of good conduct on Thursday, June 25, after the exercise was
suspended three months ago due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Through a
statement on their Twitter handle, DCI gave a few guidelines that applicants
will have to follow while applying for the certificates.
“The
Directorate of Criminal Investigations will be resuming issuance of Police
Clearance Certificates (Certificate of Good Conduct) effectively tomorrow,
Thursday 24th June, 2020.
“However,
we have come up with new guidelines to be observed in the wake of the Covid-19
Pandemic,” said the DCI.
To observe the social distancing measures as directed by the Ministry of Health, the DCI said they’ll attend to only 600 applicants daily from 7 am to 4 pm.
READ MORE
Mbadi names Adan Mohamed as new KRA chief
Matatu strike to continue as govt, operators fail to agree on fuel price cuts
'You will be answerable': Murkomen pins fuel protest deaths on Gachagua
Why Kenyan families lose property and end up in court over succession battles
“So far, we
have over 37,751 pending applications which we intend to process
expeditiously,” added the DCI.
Applicants
who wish to use the DCI headquarters for fingerprints were advised to log onto
the eCitizen portal to book an appointment.
While
booking the appointment, applicants have to state the exact time and date they
wish to be attended to.
In
addition, the DCI stated that applicants would only be allowed through the gate
provided they arrive at the exact time they indicated while booking the
appointment.
“Kindly
bear with us as we strive to serve you during these challenging times,”
concluded the DCI.