Sh100 million Lugari water project to serve over 28,000 locals
April 15th 2022
Kakamega Governor Wycliffe Oparanya wants his successor to complete projects he had started, on top of starting new ones.
Speaking during the launch of Sh100 million Musembe water project in Lugari, Mr Oparanya thanked residents for their support during his tenure.
“Development of the county is a continuous process and the population keeps on increasing. That is why it’s prudent for the next governor to complete ongoing projects,” said Oparanya.
He said the new water project will serve more than 28,000 residents of Chekalini ward and its environs.
“This is one of the water projects that my government has implemented in collaboration with the Kenya Devolution Support Programme,” he said.
The project has a capacity of 1,000 litres of water per hour.
Let government remove veil of secrecy from deals involving national assets
- Pain for Kenyans food, fuel prices hit five-year high
- Ignore naysayers and vaccinate your children against HPV
- Video: My mother lost her mind after learning that I was an armed robber
By Jael Musumba
- Cost of living shoots to the highest since August 2017
- Motor vehicle industry has great potential for creating more jobs