Barcelona defender Jordi Alba injured his hamstring in the 0-0 draw at Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League, his team said in a statement on Wednesday, with Spanish media reporting that the Spain international will be out for around two weeks.
The left back was forced off in the 40th minute of Tuesday's Group F game and replaced by Sergi Roberto.
Barca's statement did not say how long Alba would be out, but newspaper AS said he would be sidelined for two weeks, ruling him out of Barca's La Liga games at Granada, at home to Villarreal and away to Getafe.
He is expected to return in time for Barca's next Champions League game at home to Inter Milan on Oct. 2.
Alba's injury hands an opportunity to Junior Firpo, the left back who joined Barca from Real Betis for 18 million euros ($19.88 million) in the close season but who has only played nine minutes of first team football so far.
READ MORE
Barcelona need a point against Real Madrid to win La Liga
Barcelona on verge of La Liga title defence with win at Osasuna
Atletico 'ready' for Champions League success at last
Messi on target as Argentina down Zambia in World Cup send-off
Barca are fifth in the La Liga standings on seven points after four games.