Laikipia County in refunds plan for businesses to ease production
RIFT VALLEY | By Lydiah Nyawira | January 26th 2022
The Laikipia county government will give rebates to manufacturing companies to ease their electricity and distribution costs.
Finance executive Murungi Ndai said the government is supporting businesses and looking to attract investors.
It has listed 18 manufacturing fields that are expected to benefit from the programme.
Under the new programme, manufacturers will receive a 30 per cent refund on their monthly electricity bills, with a ceiling of Sh100,000, and a 50 per cent refund on their annual bills with a ceiling of Sh50,000.
Mr Ndai said the government will foot 30 per cent of the costs of permits and licences local manufacturers incur while distributing their products in other counties.
The move is expected to benefit manufacturers of textiles, apparel, food, beverages, tobacco, leather, wood, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, botanical products, rubber, and plastic.
Also expected to benefit from the rebates are companies that make non-metallic products, electronic, electrical equipment, and machinery for motor vehicles, furniture, mining and quarrying.
Kimemia settles for engineer, Ruto picks 24-year-old woman
- What Ukambani Region stands to gain if Azimio wins August polls
- TIFA: Raila-Karua ticket more popular than Ruto-Rigathi pair
By David Njaaga
- Ukambani leaders fear Kalonzo exit may cost area Azimio goodies
- KANU reaffirms commitment to Azimio, to unite all member parties
- Siaya Gov. race: Charles Owino leaves Gumbo midway, returns to police service