List: Number of MP seats that UDA Party has won so far
By Associated Press - Aug 10th 2022
The United Democratic Alliance (UDA) Party has already won at least 35 elective seats in the National Assembly in the August 9, 2022 General Election.
That already represents 10.4 per cent of the total number of votes in the National Assembly (337).
There are 290 elected Members of Parliament (MPs) and 47 Woman Representatives, totalling 337.
Tallying of votes in other parts of the country was still ongoing as of the time of publishing this story.
Most of the UDA MPs-elect vied in Rift Valley and Central Kenya constituencies, which are considered to be the strongholds of Deputy President William Ruto.
Ruto is a presidential candidate, running on UDA ticket, in the August 9 polls.
Some UDA MPs-elect, however, come from Kisii and Nyamira constituencies, which sit in Nyanza region, a voting bloc said to be the stronghold of Ruto’s main opponent Raila Odinga of Azimio la Umoja-One Kenya.
Below is a list of National Assembly winners declared thus far:
- Joash Nyamoko – North Mugirango, Nyamira County
- Japheth Nyakundi – Kitutu Chache, Kisii County
- George Gachagua – Ndaragwa, Nyandarua County
- Zaheer Jhanda – Nyaribari Chache, Kisii County
- Alfah Miruka – Bomachoge Chache, Kisii County
- Sylvanus Osoro – South Mugirango, Kisii County
- Jayne Kihara – Naivasha, Nakuru County
- Wachira Karani – Laikipia West, Laikipia County
- Hilary Kosgei – Kipkelion West, Kericho County
- Nelson Koech – Belgut, Kericho County
- Joseph Cherorot – Kipkelion East, Kericho County
- Wanjiku Muhia – Kipipiri, Nyandarua County
- Anthony Njoroge – Kieni, Nyeri County
- Reuben Kiborek – Mogotio, Baringo County
- Hillary Sigei – Sotik, Bomet County
- Martha Wangari – Gilgil, Nakuru County
- Francis Kuria Kimani – Molo, Nakuru County
- Bernard Kitur – Nandi Hills, Nandi County
- Adams Kipsanai – Keiyo North, Elgeyo-Marakwet County
- Kongogo Bowen – Marakwet East, Elgeyo Marakwet County
- Marianne Kitany – Aldai, Nandi County
- John Kaguchia – Mukurweini, Nyeri County
- John Paul Mwirigi – Igembe South, Meru County
- Michael Wambugu – Othaya, Nyeri County
- George Macharia – Ndia, Kirinyaga County
- Phylis Bartoo – Moiben, Uasin Gishu County
- Samuel Chepkonga – Ainabkoi, Uasin Gishu County
- Charles Kamuren – Baringo South, Baringo County
- Musa Sirma – Eldama Ravine, Baringo County
- Johana Ng’eno – Emurua Dikirr, Narok County
- Julius Kibiwot – Tinderet, Nandi County
- Richard Yegon – Bomet East, Bomet County
- Kericho County Woman Representative-elect Beatrice Kemei (elected unopposed)
- Bomet Woman County Representative-elect Linet Chepkorir alias Toto (elected unopposed)
- Didmus Barasa – Kimilili, Bungoma County
- Brighton Yegon – Konoin, Bomet County
- Hussein Abdi – Tarbaj, Wajir County
The A to Z of vaccination from day to month-olds
- Eight measures to keep your farm disease-free
- What's wrong with Museveni's son? General Muhoozi takes Twitter 'jokes' too far
By Peter Theuri
- US, South Korea fire missiles into sea in response to North Korea
- Genetically-modified crops: Is the government pushing Kenya to food security or starvation?
- President Ruto's new cabinet