Wajir: 16-year-old girl gang-raped on her way home
NORTH EASTERN | By Abdimalik Hajir | August 2nd 2021
Police in Wajir are looking for three suspects accused of kidnapping and ganged-raping a 16-year-old school girl.
Wajir East sub-county police Commander Augustine Kamaria said the girl was on her way home when she was waylaid by the three men.
“They tied her hands and legs and forcefully bundled her into their vehicle and drove to the bushes where they defiled her,” the police boss told journalists.
Mr Kamaria said police were pursuing the suspects.
The girl's mother said she was on her way home from the shopping centre where she had gone to collect her school uniform.
She was picked by a Good Samaritan who reported the matter.
Khalif Jimale Noor, the senior chief Jogbaro location, said he will work with the police to ensure the suspects are brought to book.
Why Uhuru will not be part of Azimio campaign trail- Murathe
- Accept polls outcome in August, Uhuru tells aspirants
By Brian Okoth
- What the design of Pension Towers symbolises.
- If Kalonzo chooses to work with Raila, I'll support him, says Andrew Sunkuli
By Mate Tongola
- Former Runyenjes MP denies links to viral post on running mate
- Ruto catches Karua by surprise as he breaks protocol
By Betty Njeru