Detectives comb Ofafa Jericho School for fire clues (Photos)
NAIROBI | By Betty Njeru | September 21st 2021
Detectives wound up at Ofafa Jericho School in Nairobi this morning to comb for clues into the cause of a fire last night.
The Standard has established that parents were at the school as early as 9 am seeking to know the fate of their children.
A fire had razed a dormitory at the school yesternight with several students sustaining burns and lung complications after inhaling smoke.
No property or students’ personal effects were salvaged in one of the cubicles, as these pictures will show.
Over 35 students were hospitalized at the nearby Metropolitan Hospital in Nairobi’s Buruburu area, after inhaling smoke fumes.
"All the students are in stable condition and will soon be discharged, " the schools principal Mr Mathews Limge told The Standard last night.
Limge said the fire broke out around 8:30 pm.
This is a developing story and is being updated…
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption