Court orders Nairobi bar to pay fired cleaner Sh253,725
NAIROBI | By Daniel Chege | May 29th 2021
The Employment and Labour Relations Court in Nairobi has ordered a food and drink joint to pay its former cleaner over Sh250,000 for wrongful dismissal.
Judge Mathews Nduma ruled that Jeska Demesi proved her case of wrongful dismissal by Six Wings Bar and Restaurant.
Nduma ruled that Demesi proved she had worked in the food and drink joint for over 16 months without salary, house allowance, double pay and overtime, and directed the establishment to pay Demesi all the items she set out in her testimony and statement of claim.
Esther Passaris mourns father’s death
- Bogonko’s family in pain eight years later as brother is buried
- Change of guard at Maasai Mara University as Prof Chacha takes over
- Ruto forced to wait for 30 minutes after arriving for church function
- Cabinet reshuffle looms as CSs eyeing elective seats set to quit
- Idi Amin’s house in sleepy Nyeri village stirs painful, dark memories