Toyota's Rovanpera stretches Safari Rally lead on Saturday morning
By Ochieng Oyugi - Jun 25th 2022
Finn youngster Kalle Rovanpera on Saturday morning stretched his Safari Rally lead in Naivasha by 19.4 seconds after clocking 2:05:40.6 in Round One of Day 3.
Three stages contested were Soysambu 1 (29.32km) won by Toyota’s Elfyn Evans in 18:14.2, Elmenteita 1 and Sleeping Warrior1 which were both grabbed by Hyundai’s Thierry Neuville in 8:37.0 and 17:18.1 in that order.
"We had an okay stage, but we are still struggling with the dust inside and I had a rear right puncture for the last 3km as well. We lost a bit of time there, but we are here,” Neuville said.
The drivers will repeat the same stages in the afternoon.
Select day schools near you for junior secondary, says Magoha
- Outcry over postponement of polls in Mombasa, Kakamega
- Schools reopen amid the biting high cost of living
- Outgoing Mata Ward MCA Chanzu Khamadi dead
- Amazon testing TikTok-style feed on its app, AI firm says
SCI & TECH
- Chelsea investigates incident of alleged racist abuse