PHOTOS: Burial of athlete Agnes Tirop underway in Nandi
ATHLETICS | By Stephen Rutto | October 23rd 2021
Fallen athlete Agnes Tirop's funeral is underway at St Michael's Academy Nyamisa primary in school grounds in Nandi County.
Ministry of Sports and Athletics Kenya officials as well as hundreds of athletes have turned up to pay their last respects for the athlete who was found dead in her house in Iten, Elgeyo Marakwet County on 13th October 2021.
Sports Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed, in a speech read by Chief Administrative Secretary Simon Kachapin thanked President Uhuru Kenya for ordering thorough investigations into the athlete's death.
AK President Jackson Tuwei called for transfer of all the slain athlete's properties to her parents.
Drama at Kabati Market as suspected thieves return stolen goods
- City preacher Godfrey Migwi dead after short illness
- Sh58m, 40 land parcels, 8 cars: Property gets KETRACO employee in trouble
- A tale of two cities: Why the Nairobi’s expat community inhabit a different universe
By Peter Kimani
- Traffic cop killed in matatu accident along Valley Road
- How short December rains will affect you