Uncle Ted: My boyfriend wants me to find him a wife
By Ted Malanda | November 25th 2021
Dear Uncle Ted,
I’m 22 years old and have a 28-year-old boyfriend with whom I’ve been going out with for the past one year. He proposed to me, but I turned him down because I wish to first finish my studies at the Kenya School of Law. We love each other so much, but his family is pushing him to marry and he doesn’t have any one in mind at the moment.
Now, just imagine, he wants me to help him find a ‘wife material’ woman because he says I understand him best. I find this ridiculous. I’m jealous and the very thought of it hurts me, even though he keeps telling me that I’m his forever. I still visit him, but I don’t know what to do to please him. Please help.
Dear Irene, you sound like a nice, smart and focused girl. If you keep visiting this man, you are going to get pregnant, which means juggling between conveyancing and morning sickness. That’s how you end up married as a 22-year-old, jobless student, which is fine, except that there is no disaster like a husband who allows his family to push him around. If you are his wife material and he is man enough, he will wait. But if he is a little poodle who does what mummy says, let his aunties find him a wife. That’s their job.
Landlords from leafy surbubs stare at empty houses
By Harold Ayodo
- Youthful man grows weed to build dream house
By James Omoro
- Ten types of city hustlers
By Kelly Ogome
- Nairobi is not hard to govern- Tim Wanyonyi
- Why Eldoret traffic lights are always off
- Will Chebukati, Koome wriggle out of murky political waters?
- Brothers accused of stealing maize shot outside Gatundu law courts
- Will Nairobi's posh estates turn into the new Eastlands?
By Harold Ayodo
- Real men don't leak nudes, private chats
By Awuor Omino
- Do we live in the same country as our leaders?