Suspected thief lynched, dragged and beheaded in Kakamega
By Mike Kihaki | July 12th 2021
A middle aged man, suspected to be a village robber was tortured to death in Lunyito village in Kakamega County. According to villagers, Erick Makhapila, a suspected hardcore criminal had been on the run for a long time before villagers caught up with him.
In what looked like a scene from a horror movie, the mob attempted to lynch the suspect, stripped him naked and tied his trousers around his neck. He was then dragged on a dirt road for about half a kilometre and left to die. His body was later found beheaded and dumped in a thicket.
A villager who did not wish to be named said the deceased had been terrorising members of the public and, "We have had no peace for long. This guy has been on the run after being involved in series of robberies. He is a mong a group of men who have been giving us sleepless nights."
Meanwhile, an elderly woman believed to be a family member of the suspect was seen wailing uncontrollably while cursing those involved in the killing of the man.
The mutilated body of the man was picked up by police as investigations into the matter launched.
I made Sh400,000 grooming the dead
- Late lover gifted me homes, treated me like a queen- Shay Diva
- My female friend attacked me over Sh80 debt
- Usipate ball juu ya msimu wa baridi
- How the rich and famous mourn their pets
By Kelvin Kamau
- Shocking: Cow gives birth to 'healthy' two-legged calf
- Sharon Otieno murder: Used condoms, alcohol found at crime scene
By Paul Ogemba
- Man tortured to death; police are investigating
By Mike Kihaki
- City man denies defiling 13-year-old girl, claims he is impotent
- Slain KMTC student loved God, never missed church
By James Omoro