Two brothers accused of stealing maize gunned down by unknown assailants outside court following hearing
By Lilian Chepkoech | December 7th 2021
An afternoon shootout on Friday outside Gatundu Law Courts left the public in shock and confusion as two brothers were injured after being sprayed with bullets.
The duo had just come out of the courtroom following the mention of a case in which they were accused of stealing maize.
Unknown assailants then arrived on a motorbike whipped out pistols and sprayed the unsuspecting brothers with bullets, leaving them with injuries to the head, hands, shoulders and chest.
According to information by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, members of the public outside the court were obliviously going about their daily activities when a motorbike with two pillion passengers ambushed and attacked the two.
“The daring thugs then staged their escape to an unknown destination using a motorcycle whose number plate was concealed. The victims who cheated death were rushed to the hospital in serious condition.”
The crime scene officers were alerted of the gory incident rushed to the place and managed to recover five spent 9 mm caliber cartridges.
Detectives are in pursuit of the attacker.
Maina Njenga- the man firmly in Raila Odinga's corner
- I used to ‘babysit’, change diapers on lambs in Saudi
By Jael Musumba
- Church refuses to cremate follower who died by suicide inside church
By James Omoro
- I am more than just Murathe's son- Davidson Wakairu
- Dear men, here is your toolkit to spice up things at home
By Awuor Omino
- How teen escaped elders’ wrath in colonial court after impregnating five women
- Embu Sports Director, ex-wife in bitter fight over lorry
- I would sell my cows again to take part in Winter Olympics
- Inside Francis Atwoli's posh homes, including one beach house
- How I bagged the deal to bake Baba's birthday cake