Man in attempted murder case in deceased cop Kangogo saga found dead
By Nairobian reporter | December 5th 2021
A proprietor of a hospitality facility in Kitale town, who was accused of attempting to kill a woman he thought was a fugitive police officer, is dead.
Ken Muyundo was facing charges of attempted murder. He was found dead at his Kiminini home in Trans Nzoia county last Tuesday afternoon. Muyundo was accused of shooting and wounding Phanice Chemutai on July 8 at Kiminini.
He told the police he shot Chemutai after thinking she was fugitive cop Caroline Kangogo (now deceased).
Kangogo was at the time being sought in relation to the killing of two men in Nakuru and Thika.
Muyundo ran Iroko Hotels in Kitale and Bungoma towns.
Trans Nzoia county police commander Jacinta Wesonga said Muyundo’s body was found in his house, adding a team of detectives from Kitale have visited the scene.
“We don’t know what happened and detectives are investigating circumstances surrounding his death,” Wesonga said.
Muyundo’s sister, Florence Muyundo, told the police her brother arrived home on Monday night but failed to wake up and was not picking calls on Tuesday.
Florence said this prompted neighbours to break the door of his house to establish what was wrong.
“It is then that we found his body on the floor of his bedroom,” she said.
Wesonga said assorted drugs and juice were recovered from his house and would be used by experts in the probe to establish the cause of his death.
Muyundo is a licenced gun holder but the pistol was withdrawn after the shooting incident. He has been living alone after his wife flew to Canada after the shooting incident.
Local Chamber of Commerce and Industry chairman Martin Waliaula said: “It is a sad moment for us. We have lost one of the key stakeholders in the hospitality sector.”
Maina Njenga- the man firmly in Raila Odinga's corner
- I used to ‘babysit’, change diapers on lambs in Saudi
By Jael Musumba
- Church refuses to cremate follower who died by suicide inside church
By James Omoro
- I am more than just Murathe's son- Davidson Wakairu
- Dear men, here is your toolkit to spice up things at home
By Awuor Omino
- How teen escaped elders’ wrath in colonial court after impregnating five women
- Embu Sports Director, ex-wife in bitter fight over lorry
- I would sell my cows again to take part in Winter Olympics
- Inside Francis Atwoli's posh homes, including one beach house
- How I bagged the deal to bake Baba's birthday cake