Telcos lobby sets aside Sh37m for local startups
NEWS | By Moses Omusolo | December 1st 2021
Telcos lobby, the Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA) is seeking to bankroll local startups championing climate change mitigation with funding of Sh38 million.
The GSMA Innovation Fund for Climate Resilience and Adaptation was unveiled at the 2021 UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
The fund targets startups and SMEs helping to accelerate the testing, adoption and scalability of digital innovations to enable vulnerable populations to adapt and absorb the negative impacts of climate change.
The applications close on January 9, 2022. Successful projects will receive between Sh15 million and Sh37.6 million in grants to scale their innovation.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance