Equatorial Guinea edge Mali on penalties to advance at Cup of Nations
FOOTBALL | By Reuters | January 27th 2022
Equatorial Guinea continued their giantkilling run with a 6-5 penalty shootout victory over Mali after a goalless draw in their Africa Cup of Nations last-16 clash in Limbe on Wednesday.
Equatorial Guinea are the final side to advance to the last eight where they will meet Senegal on Sunday.
Their 20-year-old goalkeeper Jesus Owono made two saves in the shootout which was concluded after 16 kicks.
Mali had been the overwhelming favourites but turned in an underwhelming performance despite dominating possession and creating most of the chances.
Why Uhuru will not be part of Azimio campaign trail- Murathe
- Accept polls outcome in August, Uhuru tells aspirants
By Brian Okoth
- What the design of Pension Towers symbolises.
- If Kalonzo chooses to work with Raila, I'll support him, says Andrew Sunkuli
By Mate Tongola
- Former Runyenjes MP denies links to viral post on running mate
- Ruto catches Karua by surprise as he breaks protocol
By Betty Njeru