Man kills two children before committing suicide
EASTERN | By Stephen Nzioka | March 31st 2021
A 37-year-old man strangled to death his two children in Kaseve village, Nduluku location, Mbooni East, Makueni County.
The man also took his own life by hanging himself on a tree within his farm.
Jermiah Makau, Nduluku location chief told The Standard that the mother to the children, aged 9 and 4 years, was not at home when the incident happened Wednesday morning.
The woman has been living in Mlolongo town, Machakos County.
The bodies of the children were found lying in one of the rooms in a three-bedroomed house where the family stayed. However, neighbours would later find the body of the man dangling from a tree.
“The bodies of the children were found inside the house while that of their father was found hanging from a tree branch,” said Makau.
The bodies were taken to Tawa mortuary.
Mirema Drive shooting: Suspect in Samuel Mugota's murder surrenders
- Servers were opened, 'reveals' IEBC commissioner Justus Nyangaya
By Mate Tongola
- Come clean on your deal with Kingi, UDA leaders urge Ruto
By Patrick Beja
- Developing story: IEBC meets presidential aspirants
- Contractor to restore old lanes on Mombasa Road
- Kalonzo under pressure to return to Azimio fold