Sh100m 'cocaine' seized in Kisauni, 29-year-old woman arrested
By Brian Okoth - May 21st 2022
Police in Mombasa have arrested a 29-year-old woman on suspicion of drug-trafficking.
Cocaine worth Sh100 million was allegedly retrieved from the suspect’s house in Utange, Kisauni Sub-County on Friday night, May 20.
“Detectives are yet to establish whether the drug, which was carefully packaged in 35 sachets and concealed in suitcases, was meant for local consumption or was in transit to a different destination,” the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) said on Twitter.
Police said they are pursuing the suspect’s accomplices.
Authorities further said the samples of the substance have been taken to the laboratory in Nairobi for forensic examination.
Ruto's acceptance speech; There's no room for vengeance
- Raila Odinga fails in fifth stab at presidency
- IEBC declares William Samoei Ruto president of Kenya
- The four IEBC commissioners who walked out of Bomas of Kenya
- Four IEBC Commissioners distance themselves from final stage of presidential poll tallying
- Why Raila Odinga did not go to Bomas of Kenya
By Betty Njeru