Kirinyaga man kills wife, four children
CENTRAL | By Jael Mboga and Kariuki Timothy | November 30th 2021
A man has killed his wife and four children and surrendered himself to Kianyaga police station.
Rukenya assistant chief Kenneth Murimi said the bodies were still at the scene when police visited.
The man, 35-year-old Paul Njuki, is still being held by the police as investigations continue.
The victims have been identified as wife Millicent Muthoni, 38, Nelly Wawira, 13, Gifton Bundi aged seven, five-year-old Sheromit Wambui and Clifton Njuk aged one.
Police visited the scene at around 2230hrs and found the scene intact.
The bodies were in their beds, with multiple stab wounds on the heads.
Police said one murder weapon was recovered. The suspect is yet to lead the officers to where he claims he threw the axe he says he used to attack his family.
Efforts to remove the bodies to Kerugoya county mortuary are ongoing but the heavy rains made the roads impassable.
At some point, police said, the vehicles ferrying the bodies were stuck.
Radio host apologises for mocking Buruburu family over their lost dog
- Lawyers fight to represent student in Sh102m probe
By Paul Ogemba
- Western embassies issue terror attack warning in Kenya
- Don't incite Mt Kenya against Uhuru, Iria warns
- Ruto: Musalia, Wetangula a blessing to my State House bid
- Police officer who used wisdom to quell post-poll chaos set to retire