Male student, 17, dies in girls’ secondary school dormitory
CENTRAL | By Fidelis Kabunyi | October 21st 2021
A 17-year-old student of Gathiruini Boys’ High School died after he was allegedly assaulted for illegally entering a dormitory at Komothai Girls’ High School in Githunguri, Kiambu County.
The male student alongside five of his schoolmates had, on Wednesday night, forced their way into the neighbouring school, prompting the girls to raise the alarm.
George Ng’ang’a Karanja, the manager of the security firm providing services to Komothai Girls’ High School, said the female learners’ screams attracted the attention of security guards, other learners and staff members.
Karanja says five of the boys managed to escape, but the 17-year-old was cornered and beaten up by the group.
“He was rushed to the Kigumo Level 4 Hospital while unconscious, but died upon arrival,” he said.
Police visited the scene, and recovered wood planks believed to have been used in the teenager’s lynching.
Investigations are underway, police said.
The 17-year-old boy’s body was moved to Kigumo Level 4 Hospital morgue.
Unravelling Dr Mercy Mwangangi’s love metaphor
- Witnesses now decline to testify against lawyer Paul Gicheru at the ICC
- Suspected suicide bomber blows self up in Kisumu, kills elderly couple
- Raila Odinga and the Trio Mio debate: Musician’s mum speaks
- Fred Matiang’i: Kabete police officer killed 6 in love triangle rage
- Fake KDF man storms police station, harasses officer on duty
By Erick Abuga