One dead, several trapped as five-storey building collapses in Gachie
CENTRAL | By Wacuka Kiarie | August 30th 2021
A five-storey building under construction collapsed in Gachie, Kiambu County this afternoon.
One person has died while nine others have been rescued from the rubble.
Several others were still trapped by 7:15 pm today.
According to Kiambaa Sub County Deputy Commander Peter Maina, the nine were taken to Kihara Level IV Hospital with injuries but in stable condition.
The building is said to have caved in at around 2 pm when the workers were putting up a slab for the sixth floor.
Isaac Mwaura: DP position is reserved for Mount Kenya
- Shock as man found with Ak-47 rifle during security check at guest house
By Edward Kosut
- Atwoli pressures Mudavadi to declare source of Karen home construction funds
- Western legislators criticise ANC leader for working with DP
- Stowaway survives 11-hour flight that made Nairobi stopover
- Raila allies dismiss Mudavadi, Ruto alliance, root for Azimio