Mweresa sparkles as Kenya win bronze in men's 4x400m
By Evelyn Samba - Aug 7th 2022
The 2015 Africa Games 400 metres silver medallist Boniface MRyan dug deep in the final lap on Sunday evening to secure a bronze medal for Kenya in the men's 4x400m finals at the ongoing 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
The quartet of Boniface Mweresa, Mike Mokamba, Wiseman Were and William Rayian carried Kenyan medal hopes in the race after the disappointment in the 4x100m final and they did not disappoint.
Poor baton exchange cost Kenya as the 4x100 metres team failed to finish the final.
However, there were no mistakes in the 4x400m as Mweresa produced a last-minute surge to edge Jamaica to the bronze medal.Trinidad and Tobago won gold in 3.01.29 followed by Botswana in 3.01.85.
Kenya won bronze in a Season Best time of 3.02.41.
In the women's 4x400m final, Kenya finished a distant sixth despite clocking a Season Best 3.32.28.
England won gold followed by Canada and Jamaica.
Hamisi Massa: Acting DCI boss says will be polite but firm
- Let's be wary of rising 'vigilante' resident groups
By Nashon Okowa
- Legal literacy will decongest police stations and prisons
- End poverty cycles by tackling energy poverty
By Lynet Otieno
- CDF with checks and balances will benefit suffering citizens
- Moses Wetangula owes us an independent National Assembly
By Ken Opalo