Kenya Inter Counties Sports and Cultural Association: Bungoma beat Meru to reach last four
SPORTS | By Ben Ahenda | November 19th 2021
Bungoma and Uasin Gishu progressed to the finals of the women volleyball as Kenya Inter Counties Sports and Cultural Association (KICOSCA) Games entered the fourth day at different venues in Embu County yesterday.
Both teams won their semifinal matches in straight sets. Bungoma saw off Meru 25-20, 25-14 and 25-20 while Uasin Gishu had thrashed Nyeri 25-7, 25-9 and 25-7.
On their way to the semis, Bungoma dismissed a stubborn Kericho 3-2 (23-25, 23-25, 25-19, 25-19 and 15-12) as Uasin Gishu trounced former champions Nairobi by straight sets of 25-13, 25-15 and 25-16.
Other quarterfinals matches saw Meru beat Kiambu 3-1 (25-23, 25-23, 21-25 and 25-20) and Nyeri defeated Nyandarua 3-1 (25-23, 18-25, 25-23 and 25-21).
In the men's volleyball, Kilifi bowed out of the tournament after suffering a 3-0 defeat to Kisumu (25-19, 25-17 and 25-20).
A disappointed Kilifi setter Evans Changawa said: "We had a short time to train for the games owing to Covid-19 restrictions, which greatly affected our preparations."
In football, Kiambu stormed into the semifinals after beating Kilifi 2-0 at Embu Stadium yesterday.
Isaac Mwaura: DP position is reserved for Mount Kenya
- Shock as man found with Ak-47 rifle during security check at guest house
By Edward Kosut
- Atwoli pressures Mudavadi to declare source of Karen home construction funds
- Western legislators criticise ANC leader for working with DP
- Stowaway survives 11-hour flight that made Nairobi stopover
- Raila allies dismiss Mudavadi, Ruto alliance, root for Azimio