Business: Kenya banks on golf to drive tourism
GOLF | By Standard Sports | February 3rd 2021
Kenya is leveraging on hosting golf tournaments in 2021 to promote the destination to local and international audiences.
The Safari Tour golf tournament is currently ongoing at Nyali Golf Club in Mombasa with upcoming events set to be held at Muthaiga Golf Club and Karen Country Club in Nairobi culminating in the Magical Kenya Open which will be held in March.
The other Safari Tour tournaments in the series were held at The Great Rift Valley Lodge, Vet Lab Sports Club, Royal Nairobi Golf Club and Sigona Golf Club.
As a part of showcasing the destination, the Kenya Tourism Board (KTB) is supporting the tournament series through the Kenya Open Golf Limited (KOGL) which in turn provides an opportunity to market the destination.
Disappointment as Ruto fails to attend funds drive
- Two schools closed as police arrest a teacher over arson attack
- Rang’ala Boys closed indefinitely after students become unruly, demand for holidays
- Ranguma drops governorship bid, endorses Obura for seat
- Mwingi deaths could have been avoided
- Unity test for Mudavadi party as big three eye Kakamega top seat