Zidane to be named PSG coach next season - report
By Reuters - Jun 10th 2022
Zinedine Zidane will replace Mauricio Pochettino as Paris St Germain coach next season, French radio station Europe 1 reported on Friday without citing any source.
PSG were not immediately available for comment.
French radio station RMC later on Friday said that Zidane and PSG were "close to finding an agreement", also without citing any source.
Pochettino, who was appointed 18 months ago, has failed to help the Ligue 1 club break new ground in the Champions League, with PSG being eliminated in the last 16 by Real Madrid this season.
They wrapped up the Ligue 1 title in April to secure their only trophy of the campaign.
Zidane, 49, has been without a club since he departed Real Madrid at the end of the 2020-21 season.
Fake: Viral Facebook, Twitter posts linked to IEBC Vice-Chair Cherera
By Peter Theuri
- Tennis: Okutoyi wins Sports Personality for the Month of July
- Senior Assistant Inspector-General of Police Charlton Murithi dies
- LeBron James inks 2-year, $97.1 million deal with Lakers
- Graduate makes digital tool to sharpen farmers
- Soil mapping tool to help farmers boost yield