Algeria beats Uganda in AFCON 2023 qualifiers opening
By Xinhua - Jun 6th 2022
The Algerian football team beat Uganda 2-0 on Saturday night in a first round group F match of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Aissa Mandi opened the scoring in the 28th minute and Youcef Belaili sealed the victory in the 79th minute at the crowded 5 July 1962 Stadium in the capital Algiers.
Thanks to this victory, the Greens managed to reconcile with their fans following the elimination from the 2022 World Cup.
The 2023 Cup of Nations will be held in Cote d'Ivoire.
Police question two IEBC staff in ballot box probe
- Select day schools near you for junior secondary, says Magoha
- Outcry over postponement of polls in Mombasa, Kakamega
- Schools reopen amid the biting high cost of living
- Outgoing Mata Ward MCA Chanzu Khamadi dead
- Amazon testing TikTok-style feed on its app, AI firm says
SCI & TECH