Photos: Hailstorms sweep across Central Rift region
COUNTIES | By Caroline Chebet | April 19th 2022
In these areas, experts have warned of a looming food crisis.
In some regions bordering the Mau forest in Nakuru and Bomet Counties, hailstorms have rocked the area.
Photographs taken in the midst of hailstorms in these places can be mistaken for a European winter, which is catastrophic to tea farms.
While tea is one of the most important beverage crops in the world and a major revenue earner in the country, it has been severely affected by these severe weather conditions that have been likened to impacts of climate change, among them hail, frost and drought.
In January this year, similar phenomenon of tea farmers counting losses after hailstorms were reported in Tindiret, Nandi hills and parts of Aldai in Nandi County.
Photos by Kipsang Joseph,Standard
IEBC appeals order on MP Sabina's summons
- Safari rally fans warned over condom shortage in Naivasha
- KRA auctions abandoned goods worth Sh39.6m at Mombasa port
- Over 250,000 students to join higher learning institutions
- UK-based engineer takes aunt to court for 'grabbing' his land in Nairobi
By Paul Ogemba
- Cold weekend ahead as temperatures hit below 10 degrees
By Betty Njeru