At least 15 dead in Macedonian flash floods
By Reuters | August 7th 2016
SKOPJE: Fifteen people died in flash floods overnight in the Macedonian capital of Skopje and six more were missing, state news agency MIA quoted police as saying on Sunday.
Cars were underwater and the ring road around Skopje was severely damaged by the floods, with some suburbs hit particularly hard.
The rain had stopped on Sunday morning but more rain was forecast for the evening.
"It is very sad, there are several victims," a police official told Reuters. He could not confirm the exact numbers quoted by the state news agency.
Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
- Kenyans have Faith in chase for 1,500m gold
- Will Kenya’s star women marathoners deliver at 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
- Emmanuel Korir wins Kenya's first Gold at Tokyo Olympics
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession