Winnie Mandela recuperating at home after back surgery
By Reuters | April 29th 2016
South African anti-apartheid veteran Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, former wife of the late Nelson Mandela, has been released from hospital after undergoing surgery on her back, a spokesperson said on Thursday.
Madikizela-Mandela, 79, went in for surgery in March and had a follow-up procedure earlier this month, but was discharged on Tuesday according to Nelson Mandela Foundation spokesman Neeran Naidoo.
"She is recuperating at home and she is doing well," Naidoo said.
Ruto, Raila and Matiang’i lock horns in Bonchari by-election
- Wasted in jail, confused in freedom
- 19-year-old boy charged with defiling girl three years younger
- Quick facts on the Bonchari by-election
- What you need to know about the Juja by-election
- Microsoft now says it investigated Gates' involvement with employee