One more week in police custody for 'killer officer'
By Jack Murima
| March 26th 2019
A court has ordered an Administration Police officer to remain in custody for seven more days to allow more witnesses to record their statements.
Patrick Nyapara ,(pictured) who is accused of shooting dead his lover Christine Maonga, 26, on March 14 was expected to take plea.
He, however, did not, as some crucial witnesses were yet to record statements.
An officer privy to the investigations also intimated that psychiatric tests would be repeated.
The initial ones indicated that the suspect was unfit to stand trial.
Nyapara is said to have shot the woman's head at her residential flat in Navakholo Township after an altercation.
Maonga was a teacher at Navakholo Secondary School.
The Chief Magistrate ordered the accused to be locked up until April 2, when the case shall be mentioned for further directions.
A defilement, death threat and bribery attemptAccording to the girl’s mother, none of the neighbours saw the men grab her daughter.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance