Surveyor convicted over land deal gone wrong
By Robert Amalemba | February 5th 2017
A land surveyor was sentenced to two years in jail after he was found guilty of obtaining money by false pretences.
Seth Madegwa was accused of obtaining Sh18,000 from Japheth Omule in October 2016 claiming he would facilitate a land transfer. Senior Resident Magistrate James Ong'ondo heard that Madegwa and Omule tried to settle the issue out of court but the accused proved cagey, prompting the complainant to take the matter to police.
Madegwa pleaded guilty and asked the court for leniency, saying this was his first offence and that he is an orphan. He has two weeks to appeal.
Uhuru, Raila team to appeal BBI verdict
- Tuju: The 40 minutes that saved my life
- BBI promoters say House route the best option
- Backlash as elders settle on new entrant, Rusana, to succeed Obado
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges