25 reasons why marriage is good
By Dayan Masinde | June 30th 2020
1. You get to have someone to come home to and share company
2. You get to have someone with whom you can have as much
sexual pleasure as you both want.
3. You get to have someone to look after and who looks after
4. You get to walk with someone who is your best friend long
term, at a time when even friendships don't last.
5. You get to build a future with someone who knows you as
an adult. Our parents know who were as children, our spouse knows who we truly
are as adults.
6. You get to have someone to raise and guide the children
with, collective effort.
7. You get to have someone who won't give up on you just
because of an argument.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
8. You get to have someone who has your best interest at
heart and looks out for you, warns you, corrects and challenges you to be
9. You get to have someone who shares in your success, your
sorrows, your struggles, your good and bad days.
10. You get to have a companion. You are not alone, no
loneliness. Someone to laugh with and open up to without feeling you are a
bother or you are talking too much.
11. You get to have someone you are intertwined with to be
your strength when you are weak.
12. You get to have a prayer partner who prays fervently
because whatever affects you affects him/her.
13. You get to have a dependable helper you can count on.
14. You get to have someone to share responsibilities and
roles with at home, lessening the weight.
15. You get to have someone to flirt with and be naughty
with without judgement.
16. You get to have someone who has spent so much time with
you that they understand you and can represent you, cover you and get you even
without saying a word.
17. You get to have someone who worries about you when you
are not OK, when an accident happens, when you are quiet or when you come home
18. You get to have someone to pour your love to knowing
that you are not wasting it because this is long term.
19. You get to have someone who has given you authority to
call on them, ask them for help or do things for you with no pay or demands;
all because your spouse loves you and you do the same for your spouse.
20. You get to have someone who will be a custodian of your
secrets and memories for life instead of talking with person A, then person B,
then person C... It is comforting to build with one.
21. You get to have someone who teaches you things you never
knew, only if you are willing to learn.
22. You get to have someone to grow old with whose love has
been tried and tested.
23. You get to have someone who will continue with your
vision and family in case you die.
24. You get to have someone you loved and who loved you for
life in your brief journey on earth.
25. You get to have someone who helps you to fulfil purpose
and you two coming together means you can do more.
© Akello Oliech and Dayan Masinde
In my book, MANHOOD SERIES, I walk with men towards
understanding themselves and help women to understand men.
In my other book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I walk with women
towards understanding themselves and help men to understand women.
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde,
MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to
the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to
download and read on your phone or computer.
Ruto, Raila and Matiang’i lock horns in Bonchari by-election
- Wajir Deputy Governor Muktar to be sworn in
By Fred Kagonye
- Voting in Juja, Bonchari by-elections underway
- Uhuru allies play safe after surprise BBI judgement
- Why Covid-19 fourth wave will be lethal
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Quick facts on the Bonchari by-election