Uhuru mourns death of former CS Cleopa Mailu’s mother
| January 18th 2020
President Uhuru Kenyatta has sent a message of comfort and encouragement to the family, relatives and friends of Mama Rael Mailu who passed away recently.
Mama Rael is the mother of Dr. Cleopa Mailu, Kenya's Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations World Trade Organization (WTO) and other International Organizations in Switzerland and former Cabinet Secretary for Health.
In his message, the President described the late Mama Rael as a hard working community leader who greatly valued education as the foundation of life.
“Mama Rael was a known and highly respected community leader who believed in the virtues and benefits of education.
“Her belief that education was the foundation of life was the inspiration that led many from her community to pursue education, and become productive members of society,” the President wrote.
The President assured the Mailu family of his support even as he prayed to God to grant them solace and fortitude at this difficult period of mourning their beloved matriarch.
Esther Passaris mourns father’s death
- Bogonko’s family in pain eight years later as brother is buried
- Change of guard at Maasai Mara University as Prof Chacha takes over
- Ruto forced to wait for 30 minutes after arriving for church function
- Cabinet reshuffle looms as CSs eyeing elective seats set to quit
- Idi Amin’s house in sleepy Nyeri village stirs painful, dark memories