Because she is faithful, she wants to commit to a man who will take care of her sexual needs
She wants to commit to a man who will not stand in the way of her personal growth but one who will encourage and support her
1. She wants to bear the name of a man, who is a man of honor. Her becoming Mrs. should be to a worthy man.
2. She wants to commit to a man who will marry her. The wedding does not have to be big, as long as you get to have her the right and legal way; with the blessings of God, family and the law. Not backdoor.
3. She wants to live in the same house for the rest of her life with a man who will give her peace, not stress.
4. She wants to give her precious vagina to a man who is also responsible with his penis; a man who gives his penis to her and only her not the community.
5. She will be faithful. Because she is faithful, she wants to commit to a man who will take care of her sexual needs, not a man who only thinks about his own pleasure in bed and leaves her hanging.
6. She wants to say yes to a man who will respect her dreams. She is educated, has been making her own money and wants to live a legacy. She wants to commit to a man who will not stand in the way of her personal growth but one who will encourage and support her.
7. She wants rich and deep conversations. Forever is a very long time to live with someone who doesn't stimulate your mind with constructive talk. She wants to come home to a man who talks and she goes "Wow, your intelligence and wisdom is amazing".
8. She wants to carry and bear the children of a man who will be a good father, not an absent and irresponsible sperm donor or one who will make parenthood a struggle.
9. She wants a man who will tickle her funny bone. She loves to laugh, who better to laugh with than with the man who she comes home to.
10. She wants to commit to a man who is going to be dependable and easy to do teamwork with.
11. She wants to invest time in a man who is not going to waste her time. Her marriage to him should be worth it.
12. She wants to be speaking to a man who will listen to her and who values her input and opinion. Marriage can be a prison when your spouse shuts you down and works hard to silence your voice.
13. She a man who respects and values her, a man she trusts, a man who will protect her; not a foolish man who will beat her or make her feel defensive and scared.
14. She wants to wear the wedding ring of the man she is proud of.
15. She wants to live with a man who will kiss and touch her. Her lips and body belong to no other man, so he better make good use of them.
16. She wants a man who needs God. Life has taught her that she is nothing without God, and so her marriage will be nothing without God. She wants a man submitted to God, a man who will love her knowing God is watching, a man she will chase after God's own heart with.
17. She wants a man who is financially responsible. The family money should not always go to alcohol or nights out with your mates. Nothing wrong with having a good time, but let there be a good balance so that the home does not lack as a result.
18. When she says Yes to being your wife. She is not saying Yes to being your maid but your help-meet. Marriage is teamwork. Help where you can and whenever you can.
19. She wants a man who is a leader of the home but that should not involve being aggressive or barking orders around. A leader leads by example. Your children will be shaped and influenced by you.
20. She wants to give forever to the man that will give his forever to her too.
So gentlemen, before you ask her to be your wife; think seriously about what you are asking her. This is nothing to take lightly. If you cannot love her as your wife, then don't make her your wife; step away and let her be found by a man who is willing and capable. If you want to be that man, then man up; see how special she is.
Dear husband, remember the weight of your vows, the seriousness of her choosing to be your wife. Love the woman you married.
© Akello Oliech and Dayan Masinde
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website