Teacher reports to school drunk causes KCSE paper delay
By Ureport | November 23rd 2018
A St Peters Thunguma Secondary School teacher was arrested for failing to prepare Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examinations (KCSE) practical apparatus.
The teacher was arrested on Friday after arriving in school late and drunk.
This came after exam officials found that the laboratory was unprepared, and the teacher responsible was not in school.
According to Capital News Nyeri Central Deputy County Commissioner James Chacha, the teacher was totally drunk, unable to carry out his duties and was replaced immediately.
The teacher arrived late in school at 8:45am when the police arrested him and are holding him at Nyeri Central Police Station.
The incident forced the exam to start a few hours after the expected time.
Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
- Olympics: Syombua fails to qualify for semi-finals of women’s 400m, finishes 5th
- Our faith looks up to thee 1,500m Olympic gold medallist Faith Chepngetich
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession