It is hard to believe that on this day 10 years ago, world changing events took place
| June 17th 2017
1. CAR rebels sign pact to demobilise child soldiers: CAR state radio said former rebels signed a pact with the UN children's agency for the demobilisation of hundreds of child soldiers.
2. France votes in runoff elections for parliament:
President Nicolas Sarkozy looked set to win a powerful majority as the French voted in runoff elections for parliament. Sarkozy won a comfortable majority but not as predicted in polls.
3. Abbas swears in emergency cabinet:
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas swore in an emergency Cabinet and outlawed the militia forces of the Islamic Hamas movement, deepening the violent rupture in Palestinian society.
4. Top Italy designer Gianfranco Ferre dies:
Gianfranco Ferre, known as the "architect of fashion," died in Milan. He was the top designer for Christian Dior from 1989-1996.
How vendor wars rock IEBC multi-million shilling tendersThe Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has often faced difficulties when bidding for multi-million shilling tenders.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Postmortem reveals how Esther Wambui, whose body was found in suitcase, died
By Kamore Maina
- Matatu rams into Total petrol station, kills attendant, injures another
- Boys to men: Kalenjins living in Australia stick to their tradition
By Edward Kosut
- Judicial officer, Mombasa tycoons drawn into Nyali school land row
- Kenya Power launches smart metres to improve services
- Olekina: Mudavadi’s announcement will have no impact on 2022 polls