Moses Kosgei who lost in Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) students elections will contest for Kapseret MP Seat in 2022. The seat is currently being held by vocal legislator Oscar Sudi.
Kosgei who conceded defeat to Brian Okeja claimed that tribalism played a role in his misfortunes.
He garnered 14 votes against Okeja’s 23 votes. MMUST parliament has 39 MPs; two did not vote as they lacked students’ IDs to be allowed to cast their vote.
“I accept defeat by my opponent but I will not be shaken by this varsity politics. I am now setting ground to vie for the parliamentary seat in Kapseret come 2022,” said the 21-year-old Kosgei.
In the hotly contested seat, Okeja is believed to have sailed through riding on the votes from his Nyanza backyard.
Do you have stories, videos or pictures you would like to share with the world?
Simply click on Post Your Story button placed at the top of the website
- TUTORIAL FELLOW, DEPARTMENT OF PAEDIATRICS & CHILD HEALTH -1 POST-AC/2/36/18- (CHS)
- CHINESE LECTURER- 2 POSTS- CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE- AC/2/35/18- (CHSS)
- LECTURER, DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL MEDICINE & THERAPEUTICS (CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY) -2 POSTS -AC/2/34/18- (CHS)
- LECTURER, DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL MEDICINE & THERAPEUTICS (CLINICAL MEDICINE) -8 POSTS -AC/2/33/18- (CHS)
- LECTURER, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY -1 POST-AC/2/32/18- (CBPS)