Kudos to Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter on energy reforms
| Mar 10th 2017 | 1 min read
Energy and Petroleum Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter this week said the country would have to wait much longer before he appoints substantive chief executives for seven key parastatals in his ministry.
This, he said, was to allow him to ensure that the appointments respected the ethnic and gender diversity in the country.
Mr Keter seems to be driving the ministry in the right direction. There have been accusations around the country of top jobs being dished out to certain ethnic communities at the expense of others. There are also few women CEOs in the public sector.
The energy sector plays a key role in our economy and Keter's reformist mien is laudable. Under his stewardship, we are beginning to see positive changes
I do not own Keroche Breweries, Tabitha Karanja says
- Museveni's first son Muhoozi: clear signs of a succession plan
- Want to sue me? Deposit Sh50 million in court - Sonko
- Six people arrested for disrupting Karua's political meetings in Kirinyaga last week
By Jane Mugambi
- Azimio-One Kenya coalition unveils 16 campaign teams
- Reconsider plans to run for presidency, Kalonzo told
By Mate Tongola