Kudos to Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter on energy reforms
By JULIAN KAMAU | March 10th 2017
Energy and Petroleum Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter this week said the country would have to wait much longer before he appoints substantive chief executives for seven key parastatals in his ministry.
This, he said, was to allow him to ensure that the appointments respected the ethnic and gender diversity in the country.
Mr Keter seems to be driving the ministry in the right direction. There have been accusations around the country of top jobs being dished out to certain ethnic communities at the expense of others. There are also few women CEOs in the public sector.
The energy sector plays a key role in our economy and Keter's reformist mien is laudable. Under his stewardship, we are beginning to see positive changes
Postmortem: Missing Mombasa woman died painfully
By Brian Okoth
- Woman ‘happy’ after angry mob lynches her bloodthirsty son
- UoN sheds jobs, courses in step to cut costs as admissions dip
- Form 2 student among suspects arrested over Southern Bypass robberies
- Teen among suspects in Nairobi Southern Bypass attacks
By Kamore Maina
- Dust settles on mystery roof as land row resolved