Media is taking advantage of Unempoyment to steal from Kenyans
By BENSON ONYANGO | December 29th 2016
Their advertisements attract the attention of many jobless youths who spend sleepless nights thinking about how they will get better jobs to improve their living standard.
In attempts to apply for these jobs, the youths are asked to give some large sums of money in order to be considered. This is also evident when a television channel in Kenya advertises sales agent jobs frequently in the month of December 2016.
Youths who have tried applying for this position say, they were asked to pay one thousand shillings. Some youths end up being kidnapped when meeting those who are said to be advertising these jobs.
In my own opinion, I think it is high time we air reality to our audience.Youths applying for jobs do not have money to give out as much as they may look desperate for these jobs.Lets us not take advantage of their jobless status.
Companies advertising jobs they don't actually intend to employ people for can just hand pick the people they have an interest in, instead of wasting their resources advertising. This can also reduce the expenses incurred by jobless youths who keep on applying for these scams.
Let us give equal opportunities to all youths regardless of their financial background.When companies advertise jobs, let them look for workers and not money.A majority of unemployed youths have lost hope, they can not identify real advertisements from million scams around the world.
Steeplechase 41-year rule gone in a flash
- Brewer, not national Olympics body, owns 'Team Kenya'
- Silver lining for Obiri once again as Hassan breaks Kenyans hearts
- Netherland’s Hassan beats Obiri to 5,000m gold in Tokyo
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession