Thank you for school bus, Mr President
By Jackson Barasa | August 12th 2016
This is a special day to us parents of St Mary’s Sosio Girls’ High School in Bungoma County.
The President made a promise that he’ll buy a school bus for our children during a thanksgiving ceremony for Governor Ken Lusaka in Kamukuywa on May 14, 2014.
We are delighted that our girls and staff members received a 52-seater bus.
The bus will not only address the perpetual logistical challenges the institution has been facing, but will also be a key morale booster to the girls.
The school’s performance has been on an upward trend, and there is no doubt, the current class will climb up the ladder.
Importantly, the bus is a pointer to the President’s kind of leadership, which is principally guided by Kusema na Kutenda.
We are confident that by teaming up with Governor Lusaka, as witnessed in State House on Monday, we as residents of Bungoma County stand to gain massively.
Thank you, Mr President.
Olympics: Syombua fails to qualify for semi-finals of women’s 400m, finishes 5th
- Our faith looks up to thee 1,500m Olympic gold medallist Faith Chepngetich
- Steeplechase 41-year rule gone in a flash
- Brewer, not national Olympics body, owns 'Team Kenya'
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession